By Victor Lavy
Read or Download Changing patterns of illiteracy in Morocco: assessment methods compared PDF
Best communication & media studies books
Below a decade after the arrival of democracy in South Africa, tabloid newspapers have taken the rustic via hurricane. this kind of papers -- the day-by-day solar -- is now the biggest within the state, however it has generated controversy for its perceived loss of admire for privateness, brazen sexual content material, and unrestrained truth-stretching.
Media associations and Audiences completes Nick Lacey's trilogy of self-standing texts that supply an in-depth advent to the most important recommendations of Media stories at a sophisticated and college point. The e-book offers a number theories and modern case stories in its assurance of media company and the effect of legislation and censorship.
During this complement to his now-standard Freedom of the click: An Annotated Bibliography McCoy has accumulated and annotated a few 6,500 extra books, pamphlets, articles, movies, files, and performs in anyway concerned with censorship that have seemed due to the fact 1967. Dean McCoy has further additionally the made observe “bibliocyclopedia” to explain the scope of his efforts during this very important region of highbrow freedom.
German cinema is healthier recognized for its paintings cinema and its lengthy line of exceptional person administrators. The double highlight on those topic has basically deepened the obscurity surrounding the preferred cinema. German Cinema plays one of those archaeology on a interval principally neglected: the 1st twenty years of German cinema.
- Technology and Women's Voices: Keeping in Touch
- Conspiracy Theories
- Fast Feedback
- Rich Media, Poor Democracy: Communication Politics in Dubious Times
- Switching Channels: Organization and Change in TV Broadcasting
- The Great Brain Suck: And Other American Epiphanies
Additional resources for Changing patterns of illiteracy in Morocco: assessment methods compared
6. When distinction is made between Arabic and French (not shown), differences in literacy between the quintiles are more pronounced in French than in Arabic literacy. 7. If illiteracy rates are compared according to level of education and economic status (as represented by per capita household expenditure quintile), we find a far greater variability by education level than by expenditure level. Multivariate analyses presented in section VI indeed show a suppressed contribution of expenditure quintile when years of schooling is included in the model.
The Morocco Literacy Survey was designed to be suitable for administration to household members across the ages 9 to 69. Information collected includes self-reported mother tongue, educational experience, self-judgments on language-specific reading and writing abilities and on math abilities, reading and writing practice at home and at the work place, and availability of newspapers in the community. 2 In addition, household heads and other adults age 20 to 50 received questions on basic health behaviors and services.
Sample The sample receiving the literacy module comprised a two-thirds sub-sample from the Morocco Living Standards Measurement Survey conducted in 19901991. The larger sample, stratified across the seven economic regions of Morocco, contained within each region 20 primary clusters of 24 households, with each primary cluster further divided into 3 secondary clusters of 8 households each. From this sample, 2 of the 3 secondary clusters in each primary cluster were targeted for inclusion in the literacy module sample, for a total expected sample size of 16 households (and all eligible household members) per primary cluster, or 2240 households nationally.